March 26, 2014 by Protect Our NHS
“LET’S TALK ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES”. Public Meeting Friday 28 March, Bristol
PROTECT OUR NHS
OPEN PUBLIC MEETING – FRIDAY 28th MARCH at 2:15 pm
at EASTON COMMUNITY CENTRE, KILBURN STREET, BS5 6AW
“LET’S TALK ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES”
With GUEST SPEAKER, NATHAN FILER
Author of the Costa Book of the Year Award 2014
“The Shock of the Fall”
Jude Mendelsohn (RGN)
PROTECT OUR NHS WILL ALSO BE LAUNCHING NEW INFORMATION LEAFLETS, WINDOW POSTERS AND POSTCARDS TO SUPPORT ITS CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE PRIVATISATION OF THE NHS.
So, what’s happening to mental health services?
• The NHS has to make £20 billion of cuts by June 2015
• Under such unremitting pressures, it is staff and patients who suffer
• Mental health trusts are being asked to save almost 20% more from their budgets than hospitals
• Mental health organisations in England are warning that NHS cuts are putting lives at risk
• Early intervention schemes to help young mental health patients have been reduced over the past 12 months
• Psychiatrists have warned that planned cuts for next year will put lives at risk
• One charity says half of early intervention programmes aimed at young people have been cut in the past year
• Early intervention schemes are intended to reduce suicide rates, prevent patients from becoming more ill and to keep patients out of hospital and in work, and were praised last week by the chief medical officer for England.
• In Bristol, mental health services are being recommissioned against this backdrop of cuts
JOIN US IN THE TO FIGHT TO PROTECT OUR MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
http://www.protectournhs.wordpress.com Twitter: @NHSour