#GE2017 Information about #NHS under the Tories. Now for the Action to get them out. Spread the word street-by-street2
May 20, 2017 by Protect Our NHS
10 Things You Can Do To Help Stop NHS Privatisation
At Bristol’s public meeting – Saving the NHS from Trump & May – held on 18 May, attendees were told 10 practical things they could do to stop NHS privatisation, both before and after the election. We thought we’d share this for the use of others across the country.
First the information:
Here are three leaflets which you can download and print off which give you FACTS with which you can counter TORY lies about the NHS
Now the Action:
1. Make sure that everyone you know is registered to & planning to vote. Anyone not registered has until midnight Monday 22nd May to register.
2. Protect Our NHS (PoNHS) is non-party political aligned. However if you want a functioning national health service, free to all, then you’ll have to vote to elect a different government.
3. People are waking up to the fact that the NHS is being privatised: this awareness is crucial to stopping it. SHARE INFORMATION WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW
PoNHS have produced a General Election leaflet with the basic information and facts for you to share with others to show clearly what is happening. Please get some from us, or if you can help by delivering a batch door to door – we are targeting marginal constituencies in NW Bristol, currently Southmead. Let us know (via firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have time to help.
4. Protect Our NHS group meets on the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month, you’re welcome to come. Please take a business card with our contact details.
5. Send your contact details if you’d like to get involved. You can help by:
- delivering leaflets
- being on one of our weekly stalls (surprisingly good fun, sharing information & experiences with the public)
- joining our ‘placarding’ around Bristol in the next few weeks to raise the profile of the NHS in this election.
6. Come along to the Bristol wide ‘March for the NHS’ on Saturday 27th May meeting 1pm on Horfield Common near Southmead Hospital.
7. Support your local GPs. They are coming under increasing pressure with financial cutbacks & increasing workloads, join your Patient Participatory Group and get active! Give this simple leaflet to fellow patients.
8. Attend one of the monthly Bristol Clinical Commissioning Group meetings (the last Tuesday of the month) where you can hold the CCG to account for their commissioning decisions.
9. Don’t buy into rejection and despair – being involved is empowering – becoming part of the solution!
10. Get some leaflets, have the basic facts and spread the word! See https://www.ournhs.info/
As Aneurin Bevan said: “The NHS will last as long as there are folk left with the faith to fight for it”.
We believe passionately in the founding vision of Free Universal Healthcare and we have the Faith to Fight for the NHS, for us, our children and generations to come.